New York City – there’s no place quite like it. Even if you think you know New York City well-the world-class museums, amazing food and unforgettable views-there’s always something new and exciting to discover. Thrilling shows, fabulous shopping, and first-rate sports draw visitors from around the globe to the world’s entertainment capital.
With awesome architecture and parks, New York was rated #1 of America’s most beautiful cities by Budget Travel. Take in its grandeur from observation decks at icons like the Empire State Building and Top of the Rock, or on a stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge or Brooklyn Heights Promenade.
The new One World Trade Center, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, was just named world’s best new attraction by Telegraph Travel UK. A 60-second elevator ride whisks you to the Observatory at the top. Surrounded by panoramic views, it feels like you can see forever!
Over 20,000 restaurants, food stands and festivals offer delicious diversity. The new UrbanSpace Vanderbilt food hall near Grand Central Terminal has 20 restaurants and vendors of artisanal baked goods, comfort food and specialty coffees. Savor Singapore-style street food in the West Village, celebrity-chef hotspots like Tom Colicchio’s casual Craftbar, and Lombardi’s – America’s first pizzeria. Unique shopping spots range from the Diamond District and Bergdorf Goodman on Fifth Avenue, to Century 21 with great designer discounts and Hammacher Schlemmer,world-famous innovators offering the unexpected for 168 years!
7:00 am Depart from Kingston Shrine Club 3260 Princess St. (parking). Coaches will meet and transfer at 1000 Islands Duty Free
9:30 am Brief comfort stop at a Rest Area on our way
12:15 pm Lunch stop at Viewpoint Mall in Scranton, PA at the food court on your own
3:30 pm– 4 pm Expected arrival in New York City
Enjoy a guided tour of the Guggenheim. You will have time on your own at the museum to independently explore the exhibits as well. A lovely lunch is included after our museum visit. We will begin the afternoon by meeting our local guide to see, hear and explore the city. We will view some of the world’s most famous places: The Empire State Building, Chinatown, the World Trade Center Site, Grand Central Terminal, The United Nations, The Brooklyn Bridge, South Street Seaport, Washington Square Arch, Little Italy, Rockefeller Center and Times Square. In some cases we will get out and walk around, so we can experience Gotham under our feet. Return to the hotel and freshen up before we enjoy a lovely dinner tonight near our hotel. After dinner, we’ll enjoy a Broadway performance.
Meet in lobby and walk to Top of the Rock where you will take in the breathtaking views of the city from 850 feet above street level. Views include some of the city’s most prominent landmarks from the Chrysler Building to the Brooklyn Bridge and Central Park to the Hudson and East Rivers. Enjoy lunch on your own at one of the many local restaurants in the area of Rockefeller Center. This afternoon we will see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes; in excellent centre Orchestra reserved seating. This annual show is held during the Christmas season and is seen by more than a million visitors a year. The show uses over 140 performers, lavish costumes and an original musical score. It presents a combination of special effects, music and dance. After the show we’ll enjoy dinner tonight at a great local restaurant near our hotel. After dinner the remainder of the evening is yours to enjoy on your own.
Check out of your hotel and begin boarding the coach. Visit historic Harlem and witness its current renaissance. Take a guided tour through Harlem’s charming tree-lined streets and historic districts before attending a worship service in a local church, where you will experience the soul-stirring power of gospel. After this wonderful morning, we will depart for home. We will make comfort and meal stops on our way, as well as stopping at the Duty Free before Canadian Customs crossing the border.
PRICE NO ADDITIONAL TAX
||$2,199 Each for Double
(2 to a room)
|$1,974 Each for
(3 to a room)
|$1,849 Each for
(4 to a room)
|$2,999 For a
(1 to a room)
- To book this tour, a $100 deposit is required at the time of booking. Balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Refunds are not available within 30 days of travel but you can find someone to replace you.
5:30 am Depart Belleville Maple Leaf Office at 81 Millennium Parkway (parking)
6:00 am Depart Napanee Flying J Northeast Corner of the Parking Lot
7:00 am Depart Kingston Shrine Club 3260 Princess St. (parking)
7:15 am Depart Gananoque HWY#2 Carpool Lot
7:30 am Depart 1000 Islands Bridge
5:30 am Depart Ottawa Robbies Restaurant 1531 St Laurent Blvd (parking)
5:35 am Depart Ottawa St. Laurent Shopping Centre, in front of East Side Marios
5:50 am Depart Ottawa Walmart on Baseline Rd by outdoor glass shelter
5:55 am Depart Ottawa All Saints Lutheran Church 1061 Pinecrest Rd (parking)
6:25 am Depart Kemptville Stinson’s Gas Bar HWY 43
7:00 am Depart Brockville Food Basics
Hotel: Sheraton Time Square
Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at our Times Square hotel, located just steps from the theater district, walking distance to Central Park and moments from the iconic sights, unrivaled energy, and colorful culture of Midtown Manhattan.
Room amenities include:
- Daily newspaper
- Complimentary in-room Starbucks coffee and tea
- Individual climate control
- In-room safe
- 37″ flat screen television
- One bottle of water
- Complimentary crib is available upon request
- Sheraton Signature Experience Bed with duvet cover and feather pillows (hypo-allergenic pillows available)
- Shine for Sheraton bath amenities
- Oversized work space with ergonomic chair
- In-room dining available at an additional fee
- Refrigerator available at an additional fee
- Wireless High Speed Internet Access in Guest Rooms 14.95 USD per day.
New York City Guided Tour
The most popular part of New York City is the area between Columbus Circle and Battery Park. Within those borders are some of the world’s most famous places: the Empire State Building, Chinatown, Grand Central Terminal, the 9/11 Memorial, the Brooklyn Bridge, the South Street Seaport, Washington Square Arch and more.
Committed to innovation, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation collects, preserves, and interprets modern and contemporary art, and explores ideas across cultures through dynamic curatorial and educational initiatives and collaborations.
Radio City’s Rockettes Christmas Spectacular
Perfect, in unison they dance across the stage, mesmerizing in their precision. And just like that you are transported to another place where reindeer prance and dash through the snow, where Rag Dolls spring to life and Wooden Soldiers march in a fantastic parade.
Top of the Rock
Ascend 70 floors into the sky and take in sweeping 360-degree city views from our three indoor and outdoor viewing decks. Take you time and take it all in, It’s a dramatic view of New York City you just cant get anywhere else. Day or Night, three floors of indoor and outdoor decks offer stunning panoramas of the city’s energy and wonder.
Harlem Gospel Tour
Visit renown Harlem and witness its ongoing renaissance with our Harlem Gospel Tour. Enjoy a guided bus tour through Harlem’s charming tree-lined streets and historical districts before attending an uplifting worship service in a local church, where you will experience the soul-stirring power of live gospel music.
BEFORE YOU GO
- We strongly recommend that clients do not purchase theatre tickets until the tour is guaranteed. Maple Leaf Tours is not responsible for any theatre tickets you may have purchased in the event of a cancellation. We do not guarantee New York City departures until 30 days prior to departure, at which point clients should feel free to purchase theatre tickets.
- For the comfort of fellow passengers, please refrain from using scented products.
- Tipping for Tour Escort and Coach driver is voluntary depending on quality of service.
- A valid passport is required to enter the United States.
- The seats you have on the coach on the way to New York City may not be the same seats you have on your return.
- Cancellation & Medical Insurances are strongly recommended for out of country travel. Travel Insurance is available through Maple Leaf Tours.
- Personal Allowances and exceptions for Canadian citizens: After a stay of 48 hours or more (but less than 7 days) in the United States, a Canadian citizen or resident may return to Canada with: CND $800.00 worth of goods, tax & duty free, per person. Purchases may include 1.14 liters of liquor or 1 case of beer or 1.5 liters of wine plus 200 cigarettes, or 50 cigars or cigarillos.
- **Baggage service will be provided. You will receive your luggage tags upon check in prior to departure. Please ensure that you adhere to our baggage policies. Maple Leaf Tours will pay only the portage charges for ONE large suitcase per person. You are responsible for your carry-on baggage. **
IMPORTANT: MAPLE LEAF TOUR INFORMATION SESSIONS are for Maple Leaf Tour clients ONLY that are booked on a New York City Tour. You will be asked to register at the door and/or show your tour receipt.
Your Maple Leaf representative is available to assist you in any way possible. Please do not hesitate to contact him/her with any questions or concerns. If you have a problem or complaint about any hotel room or other inclusion on your tour, you must report it to your tour director as soon as possible in order for them to inspect the problem and attempt to have it rectified for you. No complaints will be considered by our office upon return of the trip unless reported to and duly noted by the tour director.