The Canadian Tulip Festival is a celebration founded on international friendship with the 1945 presentation of 100,000 tulip bulbs from Princess Juliana of the Netherlands to Ottawa, Canada’s capital, given in appreciation of the safe haven that members of Holland’s exiled royal family received during World War II in Ottawa and in recognition of the role which Canadian troops played in the liberation of the Netherlands.
The Canadian Tulip Festival is also a celebration of the return of spring, with over a million tulips in 50 varieties blooming in public spaces across the National Capital Region. The highest concentration of tulips can be viewed in the flower beds of Commissioners Park, on the banks of Dow’s Lake, where 300,000 flowers bloom. The National Capital Commission (NCC) manages more than 100 tulip beds at 30 different sites.
PRICE HST INCLUDED
- Payment is due in full at the time of booking.
- Acceptable forms of payment are cash, cheque, debit, Visa or Mastercard.
- Refunds are not available within 30 days prior to departure.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
8:00 am Depart Kingston Shrine Club 3260 Princess St.
8:30 am Depart Gananoque HWY#2 Carpool lot.
9:00 am Depart Brockville Food Basics.
VENUE: ByWard Market
VENUE: Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Dr, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A1
VENUE: Major Hill’s Park
Mackenzie Ave, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J6
VENUE: Commissioner’s Park
Corner of Preston Street & Queen Elizabeth Drive, Ottawa
Back To Top
BEFORE YOU GO
- For the comfort of fellow travelers, kindly refrain from using scented products such as perfume, cologne and other fragrances.
- Maple Leaf Tours strongly recommends out of province medical insurance & tour cancellation. Insurance is available through Maple Leaf Tours.
- Tipping for driver and tour director is voluntary depending on quality of service